What is Life Coaching?
Life Coaching is an empowering process of discovering your true potential by gaining clarity and then working to achieve your goals. A Life Coach works with you in partnership to help improve performance or satisfaction in your personal and/or professional life by helping you clarify your personal vision, and then helping you design an action plan that you can follow with confidence.
Clearly defining your goals and creating a well formed plan that works with your life, will create successful results IN your life. Life Coaching is an individualized program using a variety of methods often involving specific strategies and exercises. Coaching can help you uncover hidden resources you possess which you may not be aware of, and tap into the skills and resources you already possess, empowering you to create the life you want! A Life Coach provides you with the necessary tools to help you get from where you are now, to where you want to be!
A life Coach is:
• A partner, helping you overcome obstacles to achieving your goals
• A co-designer who helps you evolve and reach your full potential
• Your motivator who helps you discover what you really want
• A partner helping accelerate performance to produce results quicker
• Someone that asks more than you thought you could do on your own
• Your unconditional support who holds you accountable
• Your collaborator providing non-judgemental support and encouragement
A Life Coach is NOT a therapist or psychologist who delves into the past and provides services for those suffering with mental illness.
Who Works with a Life Coach?
Typically people in transition, those striving for work/family and life balance, entrepreneurs, business owners, professionals and those looking for life purpose and spiritual meaning are some of the individuals who work with a coach. Regardless of their reason for hiring a coach, my clients are successful, resourceful and intelligent individuals who would like to enhance their lives and achieve their greatest potential. Coaches are hired for many different reasons such as:
• To have a more fulfilling life by clarifying life’s purpose and goals
• Improve your current work performance or create a new career plan
• Find a new job or career that is exciting, rewarding and fulfilling
• Improve relationships with family and friends and intimate realtionships
• Gain a more spiritual connection with oneself and a greater meaning to life
• To develop higher self-esteem, confidence and awareness
• Overcome procrastination and enhance productivity
• Improve their overall health and well being